[Sigh] Oh Moose.
THIS IS MARRIAGE!!
Permission to be a bad ass. Nod.
He looks back at the guy like, “SEE THAT? SHE SAID YES. YOU’RE SO FUCKED.”
Like, guys. Sparta was so kick ASS sometimes when it came to women. Spartan women were given these small knives so that if their husbands came home and tried to hit them or assault them, they had a weapon within reach. That weapon was for CUTTING THEIR HUSBANDS’ FUCKING FACES so that when he went out in public everyone would know he was an asshole, abusing jerkface and they would publicly shame him.
I DID NOT KNOW THAT THAT IS GREAT
LET’S JUST TALK ABOUT SPARTAN WOMEN FOR A SECOND.
In Sparta, women could own land and were considered citizens. THAT IS A HUGE BIG FUCKING DEAL. Why? Because that was RARE AS FUCK and there are lots of places TODAY where women don’t even get that much.
Divorce was totally fine, and a woman could expect to keep her own wealth and get custody of the kids because paternal lineage wasn’t very important. And it didn’t make her a pariah! She could totally remarry, no big deal at all.
Spartan women participated in some fuckin’ badass sporting events, too. And because they were expected to be as physically fit as the Spartan menfolk (who all had to serve compulsory military duties, btw, and couldn’t marry until they finished them at thirty) they didn’t have time for lots of swishy dresses. So they wore notoriously short skirts. According to some accounts, their thighs were visible at all times. HOLY SHIT.
Also, In Sparta men only got their names on their graves if they died in battle. And women? Women only got their names on their graves if they died in childbirth. THE SPARTANS COMPARED CHILDBIRTH TO FUCKING BATTLE AND IT WAS VIEWED AS A GODDAMN BADASS AND HONORABLE WAY TO GO OUT.
FUCKING SPARTAN WOMEN. THIS DUDE HAD FUCKIN’ BETTER MAKE SURE SHE’S COOL WITH WHATEVER HE’S DOING, IF HE KNOWS WHAT’S FUCKIN’ GOOD FOR HIM.
^^ I throughly enjoyed the history lesson dashed with the colorful adjectives.
^^As did I, as did I.
Jack is hardcore as fuck
scare me like one of your french girls
For money money, the most interesting thing about this confrontation is how completely it inverts the final scenes of a typical Disney film. In most cases, the hero is physically and/or supernaturally outmatched, and triumphs through determination and ingenuity; here, the villain spends the the whole fight running scared, while the protagonist casually no-sells everything that’s thrown at him. And there’s no ironic Disney Death keeping the protagonist’s hands clean, either. Jack just straight-up murders Oogie with malice aforethought while Oogie is running away - and by having Santa Claus himself strike the final blow, the film legitimises Jack’s killing of Oogie as the morally correct course of action.
You don’t fuck around with the motherfucking pumpkin king
Day 9: Favorite Overall Villain
Crowley is the bomb.com
False: Mark Sheppard is the bomb!
Here we see Crowley smiling because Justin Bieber’s ten years are almost up.
hes begun his spiral descent into the madness of the hellhounds early, and this pleases Crowley greatly
Villains have surprisingly peppy ringtones.
We’re villains- we can get whatever we want!
Tell me something: I’m reading the making Top 100 list and I see that [SPOILER] Miley Cyrus is number 1. WTF “America”?
So…. I might be drunk right now. Yes, work was that “thrilling” of a night.
Why am I announcing this to the twitter-verse? Because it was up and running and logged-in on my personal computer that I keep by the bed.
How to properly break the 4th wall
TONY STARK DOES SCIENCE
So… I saw that a local animal shelter was closing down back a my school, which is a bad thing don’t get me wrong, but I saw someone I used to know posting on the ;save the shelter’ page and just because it was her, I wanted to put up grumpy cat saying no. Is that wrong?
hey do you want free games
i know you do
well it just so happens im giving away all my old DS games i dont play!! “wow thank you mijung you are so nice so what are the rules of this lovely giveaway?” i am glad you asked!!
- if you dont need the 3ds games PLEASE tell me so i can make another giveaway once this one is over! like seriously please dont take games you dont even have the system for
- you dont need to follow me but if you do i may throw in an extra game or two
- games included by default are: mario kart 3ds, okamiden, scribblenauts, dragon quest ix, pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of darkness, harvest moon the tale of two towns, loz: phantom hourglass, pokemon ranger guardian signs, devil survivor overclocked, kingdom hearts 3ds, ocarina of time 3ds, and loz: spirit tracks!
- i can ship internationally but you obviously need to be comfortable with giving me your address!! im not responsible for items getting lost or shipment-related difficulties, sorry :c i have no control over that stuff!!
- both reblogs and likes count! due to the way new tumblr works, only one reblog will show up in the notes, so theres no use in reblogging it more than once!
- giveaway ends march 22nd, 2013 aka next friday!
- the games do NOT include the instruction manuals or cases. i have no idea what happened to them so dont ask pls
- its been brought to my attention that 3ds games are region locked!! i have a north american 3ds and have bought all my games in local north american stores, so if you have a 3ds from another area of the world, the 3ds games may not play!! ds games are not region locked however, unless you have a chinese ds.
- any other questions/concerns/clarifications please drop me a message!
Oh shit, it has so many notes already. D8 Well… Good luck, everyone!